Substantial experience has been had in bidding for, organizing and hosting workshops, symposia, and major conferences.
(1) In 1984, in Toronto, the annual conference of the Upstate New York and Southern Ontario Epidemiology Group (UNYSOEG).
(2) In 1985, in Toronto, a workshop on priorities for cancer prevention in Ontario.
(3) In 1991, in Edmonton, the Canadian Society for Epidemiology and Biostatistics' founding conference.
(4) In 1991, in Edmonton, a workshop on pulp and paper industry health risks.
(5) In 1992, as part of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE) conference in Mexico, a plenary symposium on ethics and law in environmental epidemiology.
(6) In 1994, an international environmental ethics workshop in North Carolina through the ISEE and jointly with the European Centre for Environment and Health of the World Health Organization (WHO).
(7) In 1996, in Edmonton, the 8th Annual ISEE '96 conference.
(8) In 1997, in Edmonton, the Society for Epidemiologic Research (SER) 30th Annual Meeting.
(9) A mini-conference on "Climate Change and Public Health: International and Prairie Perspectives" was organized for May 17, 2001.
(10) For 2002, on the Local Organizing Committee for the XVI Scientific Meeting of the International Epidemiological Association held in Montreal August 19 – 22, 2002.
(11) Participated in the November 14 – 15, 2002: CIHR Workshop Planning Committee for "Privacy in Health Research: Sharing Perspectives and Paving the Way Forward", Ottawa.
(12) For June 27 – July 2, 2003 in Urbino, Italy: Co-organizer with Laura Westra and William Rees of a conference: "Global Ecological Integrity, Human Rights, and Human Responsibilities: Intersections Between International Law and Public Health."
(13) For July 11 – 13, 2004, jointly with Laura and Richard Westra, a conference in Montreal, Canada, "Global Ecological Governance for Eco-Justice and Public Health".
(14) For August 1 – 4, 2004: International Society for Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE) Advisory Panel member to George Thurston and Daniel Wartenberg for New York City conference planning.
(15) For June 29 – July 4, 2005, in Venice, Italy, with Laura Westra, a conference, "Global Ecological Integrity, Biological Integrity and Human Rights for Public Health: Hard and Soft Law Perspectives".
(16) For 2005, Dr. Soskolne led the Bid Committee and served on the Local Organizing Committee for the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology's Seventeenth Annual Conference, Sandton City, South Africa, September 13 – 16, 2005.
(17) For July 4 – 9, 2006, in Samos, Greece, with Laura Westra, Brendan Mackey, and Ron Engel, a conference, "The Global Ecological Integrity Group — Fourteen Years Later, Challenges for the Future".
(18) For June 24 – 29, 2007, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with Laura Westra and Tarah Wright, a conference, "Ecological Integrity and a Sustainable Society".
(19) The Global Ecological Integrity Group (GEIG) — Reconciling Human Existence with Ecological Integrity. July 16 – 20, 2008, Berlin, Germany. A conference co-organized by Klaus Bosselmann, Laura Westra and Colin Soskolne.
(20) The International EcoHealth Forum 2008 (IEF2008), Merida, Mexico. December 1 – 5, 2008. Forum Steering Committee.
(21) Member of the Organizing Group (with David Kahane) for the Collaborative Workshop on Deliberative Democracy and Climate Change. University of Alberta. September 26 – 28, 2008.
(22) The Global Ecological Integrity Group (GEIG) July 16 – 20, 2008. Berlin, Germany. "Reconciling Human Existence and Ecological Integrity" (with Laura Westra and Klaus Bosselmann).
(23) Joint conference of the Canadian Society for Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CSEB) and the Association of Public Health Epidemiologists of Ontario (APHEO) (planning Committee under James Gomes and Monica Bienefeld).
(24) The Global Ecological Integrity Group (GEIG) June 27 – July 3, 2010. Vancouver, Canada. "Ecological Integrity and Globalization: Science, Human Behaviour, Public Policy and the Law" (with Laura Westra and William Rees).
(25) Planning Committee for the 3rd North American Congress of Epidemiology. Montreal, Canada, June 21 – 24, 2011.
(26) The Global Ecological Integrity Group (GEIG) July 11 – 16, 2011. Prague, Czech Republic. "Human Rights and Duties: Supporting Biological Integrity for Public Health" (with Laura Westra and Vladimir Bencko).
(27) 1st Symposium on Ethics of Environmental Health. Prague, Czech Republic. August 24 – 27, 2011 (planning Committee under Dr. Friedo Zoelzer).
(28) Organizing Committee, 2nd Symposium of Environmental Health, Budweis (Ceské Budejovice), Czech Republic, June 15 – 19, 2014.
Funding for each of these events had been secured from a variety of funding agencies internationally; all of the committed deliverables have been/will have been honoured.